Saturday, July 12, 2008

5 more to go....









I thought the last stages of my treatment would be easy but it's probably been the hardest of all. #78 aligner was complete agony. It pushed so hard on my front teeth that I couldn't take the aligners out for a day and when I did to try and clean my teeth it was so painful I just put up with a skanky top set until the pain faded.

#79 went in so easily but there is a lot of pressure on my wisdom teeth. There is still a gap large enough to fit my tongue in, so can they really close that gap in 5 aligners?? It is hard to see on the aligner, but I am concerned about whether they will meet or not.

As you can see from the side picture, the front gaps have closed, and the front teeth have been pushed back. The overjet has gone from 12mm to 5mm, and I'm hoping it will close even more. At aligner #50 the overjet was 10mm so there has been major movement up front!

My ortho still has not discovered the missing attachment and I've been making less visits which is very convenient. Instead of 6 weeks, I've been taking 12+ week vacations. That makes me happy.

Now I am getting close enough to be worried about refinements, retainers, and the whole new saga of dealing with a new set of teeth.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Your teeth look ab fab, Lulu - the overall movements & just how far indeed you have come are amazing!

*HUGE* pat on the back for your fortitude in sticking with this treatment. You'll be tested yet again when you finally (YAY!) reach the retainment stage - it's another big challenge.

You'll do well, I'm sure. Thanks for the update - always enjoy seeing your progress!

Regards,
AnneC

ShySmiles718 said...

Your progress is great! You're the reason I decided to get invisalign. Your teeth are looking really nice. Keep it up! And I can't wait for your next update!

ReluctantRunner said...

Hi there Lulu.

Well done for embarking on such a long slog. Are you done yet?! Sure it can't be long now. I've got 18 uppers and lowers and am now on seven.

Jennyx

Anonymous said...

Updates Pleeaseee!!

Invisalign said...

Wow, this has been one long Invisalign journey. Things are looking great though. You are quite the trooper.