Monday, March 2, 2009

I've been lazy...

I know, I know...I haven't updated in a looong time.

I finished my aligners at the beginning of the year but my wisdom teeth were still not joining my other teeth in the world on munching. After a visit with my dentist I discovered that the wisdom teeth are caving in and not moving vertically as they should.

At the moment I am on the last of a set of 4 aligners which was a mini refinement for some other teeth.

This week I will be going for a check up with the ortho. This will mean either another set of refinements or I will be set up with metal braces to get the wisdom teeth to move along. I'm not happy with this but at the moment there is nothing I can do about it but grit my teeth and play nicely.

Pics to follow when I can get around to it. Sorry I've been so absent but I am still in braces and still battling with my teeth!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just found this blog and read it from start to finish - it is amazing. I can not believe how much the shape of your aligners has changed. Has it changed the look of your face? I am having 46 trays on the top which compared to everyone else was a lot but you definitely win that one.
The changes are great and your teeth look fab. Congratulations.
Carolyn (UK)

Unknown said...

Great photos!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I think your blog is really great. It is the first invisalign blog where someone had a severe overjet, that comes close to mine. You mentioned your overjet was 12mm I believe my dentist said mine is around 15mm. I'm actually getting my trays tomorrow - not sure of the exact number yet but I know he mentioned 18mths to possibly 2 yrs!
Anyway I see it's been a year now since this post I think it would be awesome to see your before and now pics!

Can't wait for your update ~ take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't know if you still check this blog, but I am a journalist based in London and would really like to commission you to write a piece on your experience with braces. If you get this, could you drop me a line - collette.lyons@natmags.co.uk. Thanks

Unknown said...

I just wanted to reach out and say you have a great blog! I recently launched my own blog about invisalign since when I was searching for a good informative site, the only sites coming up were from orthodontists themselves. A bit biased for me! So I built this site: http://invisalignfacts.com and am trying to spread the word about it. I was wondering if you could be kind enough to help me and place a link somewhere on your site? I would be so grateful! Please let me know what I can do to make this happen. And thanks for getting great info out there! If you'd ever want to post a review on my site or share your info with others, that would be so helpful!

Hope you have a great weekend,
Irina