Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Big Five O






I've reached that magic number 50 of my aligners. From the front there is very little visual difference, but there are major things going on up back. Every two weeks I now look like a 2 year old. I get bright red cheeks, sore throat, stomp around all grouchy and impatient. (Mr InvisiLuLu confirms the latter is normal behaviour for me) You guessed it, I am teething. The wisdom teeth are very outraged about the moving around and have informed their county council they are not happy bunnies.

The pictures tell the story. Major movement since #1, and still major movement to happen. Laying #50 over #1 shows how much. My overjet (thanks Anne) is down to 10mm from 12mm. Still a long hike from where it should be, and according to my ortho those front gaps are gonna get bigger than ever. Fugly is only half of what I feel right now.

I passed my 2 year mark this May. I have no friggin clue what the exact date was.

50 down, 33 to go. See you around #60.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Krikey, Lulu - the amount of movement in those molars is amazing so far! I can't even imagine how your mouth must feel. You are one tough cookie.

Invisalign truly needs to start thinking about what kind of medal they are going to bestow on you - surely their most stalwart patient!

You certainly have my admiration.
AnneC

InvisiLuLu said...

Thanks, Anne! It really has been quite a journey, but I feel like I'm in the home stretch now.

I think a suitable reward from Invisalign would be a refund. ;)

Alan said...

wow i have just started my treatment i have just under a year for my teeth to move and i was thinking that was a long time, reading this has made me realise its feck all and i should count my self lucky!

Thank you for your story and good luck!

InvisiLuLu said...

Thanks, Alan. Good luck to you too. :)

blakestin said...

i LOVE YOUR BLOG! We would love to do an interview with you about your Invisalign experience. I work for antibraces.com. I think you have some great insight to give people. my email is babel@antibraces.com if you are interested send me an email so I can set this up. thanks.

pricey102 said...

Way to go Lulu. I'm impressed with your commitment... your teeth look great! Keep the posts coming... I enjoy reading your blog.

Do you have any idea what has happened to the dentist.com message boards....

Pricey

InvisiLuLu said...

I know I need to leave a new update! Do you have trouble getting on the forum or something, Pricey? They changed it around. It's a little quieter but still loads of us there.